- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 head napa cabbage, shredded
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
In a salad bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, honey, mustard and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Add the carrots, cabbage and almonds and toss to combine.
If you can’t find napa cabbage, any fresh cabbage will work. And you don’t have to use a classic Dijon mustard. Any good mustard you like will lend the required tanginess to the dressing.
No matter who you’re rooting for (GO RAMS!), the perfect Super Bowl menu starts with the perfect side.