Broccoli is here and more is coming, fresh from the field to the Market over the next few weeks. There are a million ways to use and love this versatile vegetable.
Added to everything from stir-fry to pasta sauce, broccoli can be your best friend in the kitchen. It pairs beautifully with chicken, beef, pork, salmon, or other vegetables. Cut into florets, it cooks easily in the pan with other ingredients or you can pre-cook it to toss in at the last minute. You can blanche, steam, saute, or roast it.
On its own, with just a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper or topped with a tasty cheese sauce it makes a great side dish. Raw it can even be a fabulous salad. There are truly a million ways to use it and almost as many reasons why you should.
Besides being fresh and local at the Market, broccoli is a super-healthy green cruciferous vegetable. Along with its versatility and ease of use, that makes it one of our favorite go-to veggies. Even better, kick it up a notch with this tasty broccoli dish.
Bang Bang Broccoli
recipe by Lauren Miyashiro for Delish
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp. sriracha
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 large broccoli heads, cut into florets
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425º. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, sweet chili sauce, Sriracha and lime juice.
- On a large baking sheet, toss broccoli in sauce until fully coated. Season generously with salt and pepper. Roast until slightly charred and tender, about 20 minutes. Serve warm. Makes 4 servings.
Just 10 minutes to prep and 20 in the oven and you’ve got a side dish to knock your socks off! What could be easier or tastier than that?
Cook’s Note: To keep your broccoli beautiful and bright green, don’t overcook it. When blanching, sauteing, or steaming, 5-7 minutes is sufficient for tender-crisp perfect florets.
Don’t forget to check our recipe archive for more yummy broccoli recipes. And pick up some fresh broccoli at the Market this Saturday.