There is nothing as juicy and sweet as a perfectly ripe peach – fresh and locally grown. It’s a summer-time treat that can’t be beat and only available for a short time each season.
We have lots of delicious peach treats at the Market from pies to popsicles and preserves to pastries. But for an easy and delicious dish you can make yourself in minutes and with just a few good ingredients, this recipe takes the cake (or in this case, the tart).
Peach Tarts with Goat Cheese & Honey
from Some the Wiser
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (14-oz), thawed
- 1 lb ripe, sweet peaches, pitted and cut into ½ inch wedges
- 4 oz goat cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut pastry into six 4 inch squares and place on prepared baking sheet. Prick each square all over with a fork. Spread each square with a spoonful of goat cheese leaving a ½ inch border. Top each square with peaches. Season with a few grinds of black pepper.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through, or until the pastry is puffed and golden and the peaches are soft. Drizzle with honey just before serving. Serves 6.
That’s about as easy as it gets and would make an elegant simple dessert for summer company on your patio. I’m thinking you could also do the same cheese, peaches, and honey on bruschetta or pizza or any other type of bread or pastry. That’s good summer versatility!
Market Tip: Did you know that there are over 25 varieties of peaches at the market, each with a two week season? Ask the peach vendors about the ones they currently have.
Don’t forget to check our recipe archive for more amazing recipes for using fresh local peaches while they’re in season.