Last week saw peas, baby eggplant, sweet peppers, heirloom tomatoes, kohlrabi, summer squash, and garlic scapes at the Market along with Spring Locust Honey, Queen Anne’s Lace cheese, and two flavors of ice cream with fresh strawberries. Asparagus and rhubarb were still around as well as lots of strawberries.
This week we expect more of the same although asparagus won’t last much longer and peas are only around a short time.
- JP Parker Flowers will start this week with cut hydrangea and sunflower stems to add to the proliferation of fresh flowers available at the Market.
- Greenberry Farms (organic blueberries) will be joining us for as long as blueberry season lasts.
- XChocol’Art has decided to do one more week with treats for Father’s Day. They love to keep their chocolate fresh and beautiful and so will return in September after the heat of summer has subsided.
- Tulip Tree Creamery will have several Hops cheeses available this weekend including traditional wedges, and new half-pound blocks — some with local peppered bacon!
- Pots & Pans will have a variety of dad-worthy pies including a bacon cheddar chive mushroom garlic & herb quiche!
- Circle City Kombucha is bringing kombucha popsicles this week.
- The BRVA (Broad Ripple Village Association) will be on hand promoting the Canal Duck Race.
It’s Week #3 of the month, so we have Ash Blaeds, Hickory Valley Farms, Hidden Pond Farms, Trailhead Naturals and Turchetti’s Salumeria. And don’t forget the Wild Alaska Salmon & Seafood Co. is doing the 3rd week this month instead of the 2nd, so they will be with us too.
Brotgarten will be back after being out last week with oven problems. Daily Blossom is still out, but will be back next week. Native Bread is out this week. Bettini Pasta and Hole Pottery will also be out this Saturday. Les Parisiennes are out for the rest of the month, and back in July.
Be aware that the Taste of Broad Ripple is happening this Saturday, and there are road closings that may impact your trip to the Market. See the article about the event for information on what streets will be closed.