The under-appreciated stone fruit deserves to be celebrated for its jewel-like color, its sweet tart flavor, and its juicy jammy texture when cooked.
You may not like the idea of turning on the oven on a hot day, but this recipe only cooks for a short time and is totally worth it. I use my toaster oven which heats up and cools down quickly.
Honey Roasted Plums with Thyme and Olive Oil
adapted from JoyTheBaker at The Iron You
- 6 (not too ripe) plums, cut in half and pitted
- 2 tablespoons honey (pick one with a mild taste)
- A good drizzle of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and place a rack in the middle.
- Place halved plums in an 8×8-inch square baking pan, cut side up.
- Drizzle with honey, olive oil, sprinkle with thyme leaves and salt.
- Roast for about 12-14 minutes, or until the plums are cooked through and the honey starts to caramelize and glazes the plums.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a couple of minutes.
- Serve as it is or with ice-cream, yogurt or creme fraiche. Serves 4.
Cook’s Note: Roasted plums will last in an airtight container in the refrigeration for up to three days.
Super easy and super quick – this is a delicious treat for any night of the week or a dazzling dessert for a late summer/early fall al fresco dinner party.
Don’t forget to check our recipe archive for more pleasing plum dishes.