Salad turnips and radishes are in season now and this year’s crop is looking good! With lettuce, green onions, and hard-cooked eggs – all of which are also in season and at the Market, you can put together this amazing salad that would go great with a nice grilled steak!
Salad Turnip Salad with Oregano Vinaigrette
by Dani Lind at Driftless Organics
- 1 head of lettuce, chopped
- 4 salad turnips, sliced
- 4 medium radishes, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
Ingredients for vinaigrette:
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- about half a bunch of oregano, finely chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 green garlic bulb & first part of stalk, minced fine
- 3-4 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Mix all ingredients except eggs in a large salad bowl.
- Whisk vinaigrette ingredients together, pour over salad and toss.
- Lay the eggs over the top of the mixed, dressed salad.
- Serve right away, or refrigerate and eat soon!
This seasonal salad would be lovely with a salmon steak, or halibut — or all by itself! Don’t forget that our recipe archive has lots of great recipes for whatever you find at the Market.