Nothing has quite the same combination of spicy tang and crispy crunch that you get with a fresh radish. They make a great addition to soups, salads, and tacos; and a fantastic snack! This recipe adds fresh pesto and a good baguette to the mix for possibly the best snack ever!
Pesto, Radish, and Sea Salt Crostini
from Real Simple
- 24 thin slices baguette (from 1 small loaf)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup pesto
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- flaky sea salt
- Heat oven to 400° F. Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush both sides of the bread with the oil. Bake until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Dividing evenly, spread the pesto on the toasted baguette slices, top with the radishes, and sprinkle with the salt. Makes 24.
*Click on the pesto in the ingredients list for a universal recipe using any nuts, greens, and hard cheese of your choice. It’s a great recipe to have in your repertoire for use in any number of ways!