- Do you love to eat healthy and shop local?
- Are you concerned about what you eat and how it’s grown?
- Do you believe in supporting the local economy and protecting the environment?
- Do you bring your re-usable bag to the Market and recycle?
- Do you regularly visit the Broad Ripple Farmers Market?
Volunteer opportunities can be weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly. They can be for just a couple of hours or for an entire market shift. They include opportunities to help out with special events or to use a special skill in support of the Market. Duties might include putting up or taking down signage on Market days, helping direct traffic, dispensing SNAP tokens, or manning a booth while a vendor grabs a cup of coffee or makes a trip to the restroom.
Our volunteers make the Market run and have a good time while doing it. We get to know the vendors up close and personal and help the customers too. We find out when the strawberries are coming and how long the sweet corn will be available. We talk about food A LOT and get together for volunteer appreciation parties.
Maybe the best thing about volunteering at the Market is the opportunity to do something real to support the things you believe are important. We’d love to have you join our amazing family of volunteers. You can tell us more about how you would like to help by visiting our volunteer portal on the website here.