Sweet potatoes are one of those super foods you read about with lots of healthy nutrients packed into some oddly-shaped roots. Most of our grower-vendors have them and I’ve seen several different varieties while browsing the Market.
This healthy frittata pairs them with another super food, kale, for a dish that’s as tasty as it is good for you!
Sweet Potato Kale Frittata
from Country Living
- 6 large eggs
- 1 c. half-and-half
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tsp. Freshly ground pepper
- 2 c. sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 c. firmly packed chopped kale
- ½ small red onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 3 oz. goat cheese (or other tangy cheese)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients.
- Sauté sweet potatoes in 1 tablespoon hot oil in a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden; remove and keep warm. Sauté kale and next 2 ingredients in remaining 1 tablespoon oil 3 to 4 minutes or until kale is wilted and tender; stir in potatoes. Pour egg mixture evenly over vegetables, and cook 3 more minutes. Sprinkle egg mixture with goat cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F 10 to 14 minutes or until set.
Here are some additional sweet potato recipes that would make excellent side dishes for your Thanksgiving feast – or any time!