Big beautiful heads of BROCCOLI were everywhere last Saturday! There were also plenty of pumpkins and other winter squash, hot beverages, and the kale, chard, and spinach are back now that we have some cooler weather!
- Broccoli was the star of the show at Earthly Delights, Norman Mullet Farm, Annabelle’s Garden, Full Hand Farm, and Silverthorn Farm! Rodney at Fields Farm Fresh tells us their broccoli is coming soon!
- Spinach was back at Full Hand Farm, Silverthorn Farm, Annabelle’s Garden, and Earthly Delights!
- Funny Bone Farm had Swiss chard and both curly and Tuscan kale as well as peach and tomato salsas canned in glass jars!
- Kale and chard were also available at Full Hand Farm while kale was also at Fields Farm Fresh and baby kale at Bloomer’s Greenhouse!
- Silverthorn Farm had celeriac, turnips, beets, carrots, leeks, scallions, herbs, and Brussels sprouts!
- Brussels sprouts were also at Bloomer’s Greenhouse and Annabelle’s Garden and celeriac at Full Hand Farm!
- Full Hand Farm also had bok choy, arugula, salad turnips, and fennel!
- Annabelle’s Garden had grapes, pears, plums, wild mushrooms, colored cauliflower, and Romanesco!
- Winter squashes, pumpkins, gourds, and Indian corn were everywhere!
- Lick Ice Cream introduced their new Apple Cider Pepita Brittle ice cream!
- Harvest Moon Flower Farm had purple gomphrena and pumpkins pots!
- Compean & Sons had 2 varieties of apples!
- Lee’s Orchard had 12 varieties of apples with two new ones – Turley Winesap and Granny Smith! (Josh tells me that Gold Rush and Arkanas Black are coming!)
- Wild’s Apple Farm had 20 varieties of apples with four new ones – Doud Greening, King David, Nittany, and Razor Russet!