Some years are not so great for pears. In fact some years there are almost no pears at all! So we get really excited when we see pears show up at multiple vendors and in multiple varieties. This is one of those years to celebrate – yay, pears!
This scrumptious salad with fresh pears is definitely celebration-worthy, and it’s quick and easy too!
Arugula and Pear Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
by Sara Quessenberry for Real Simple
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cups arugula leaves
- 1 pear, unpeeled, thinly sliced
- ½ cup (3 ounces) blue cheese, crumbled
- In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Whisking constantly, slowly add the oil; set aside.
- Arrange the arugula on individual plates and top with the pear and cheese. Drizzle with the vinaigrette.
Get your pears and arugula from any one of several growers at the Market. Tulip Tree has a blue cheese variety and of course you can get real maple syrup from Maplewood Farm!