JP Parker Flowers arrived this week with three different colors of peonies. They will have them for the next month, give or take a week, and then hopefully they will have sunflowers! There are still lots of flower plants and hanging baskets available, but probably not for much longer. And Harvest Moon Flower Farm and The Daily Blossom always have lovely bouquets.
- Fiddlehead ferns and morel mushrooms along with wild ramps were among the offerings at Annabelle’s Garden!
- Asparagus was available at Ann’s Asparagus (they’re done for this year), at Earthly Delights, Compean & Sons, and Wild’s Apple Farm!
- Strawberries were available at Silverthorn Farm, Azalia Farm Market, Annabelle’s Garden, Earthly Delights, Compean & Sons, and Apple Works. They sold out pretty quickly, but this was the start of the peak season for them. Look for more next week!
- Rhubarb was quietly taking a back seat to the strawberries, but don’t overlook this delicious Indiana tradition that goes very well with strawberries or on its own. We found it at Norman Mullet Farm, Full Hand Farm, Compean & Sons, and Annabelle’s Garden!
- Spinach can sometimes be hard to find once the really hot weather kicks in. This week it was available at Earthly Delights, Norman Mullet Farm, and Silverthorn Farm!
- Dean Fallis at Bloomer’s Greenhouse had his fresh baby kale on Saturday, and Fields Farm Fresh had their lovely leaf lettuce!
- There were pretzel buns at Brotgarten and burger and dog buns at Cornerstone Bread Co. And Three Dog Bakery even had Bark Burgers and Pup Dogs for your canine companion!
- The ladies at Guacamole were mixing up fresh batches of guac on site, and Tulip Tree Creamery had beer cheese and spicy cheese curds!
- Lick Ice Cream had Root Beer Vanilla Bean, and Nicey Treat had Strawberry Mint, while Hubbard & Craven was serving up iced coffees – perfect for hot days!