Cabbage is such a healthy choice and you can do some amazing things with it — as we saw in the demo kitchen last Saturday!
Bloody Mary Cabbage
from Chef Josh Horrigan in the Annabelle’s Demo Kitchen
- Vegetable oil to coat
- ½ head of green cabbage, rough chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon each of fennel seed and celery seed
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic or 2 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- Chili powder to taste
- Horseradish to taste (prepared or fresh grated)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup Bloody Mary mix (any brand) plus additional at end
- 1 can of beer
Heat your large skillet or griddle to medium high heat and add vegetable oil to coat. Add the cabbage, bell pepper, and onion and stir to coat the vegetables with the oil. Season with fennel seed, celery seed, garlic, and chili powder. Stir to incorporate. Add prepared or grated fresh horseradish and stir. Drizzle the ¾ cup of Bloody Mary mix evenly over the vegetables and stir again. Season with salt and pepper. Pour a can of beer over the vegetables and let the alcohol and liquid cook off. Transfer to a serving bowl and finish with another drizzle of the Bloody Mary mix.