A survey of the vendors last Saturday lets us tell you what they will be bringing to the Market this last week of the season. The recipes in this week’s newsletter use these offerings to create great salads, soups, sides, and desserts for your Thanksgiving dinner.
Check the list to see who has what ingredients to bring it all to your table! And stock up for the winter. Most of these offerings either keep well in the pantry or refrigerator, or they freeze well!
- Mulberry Creek Farm: tomatoes, garlic, broccoli, cauliflower, parsnips, romaine, Swiss chard, turnips, carrots, daikon radishes, beets, sweet potatoes, onions, potatoes, Brussels sprouts, leeks, rutabagas, pumpkins, spaghetti squash, butternut squash, acornsquash, cabbage
- Burton’s Maplewood Farm: maple syrup
- Valentine Hill Farm: breads, dinner rolls
- Cornerstone Bread Company: breads, challah, baguettes, pumpkin rolls
- Traders Point Creamery: yogurt, cheeses
- Homestead Growers: kale, Swiss chard, beets, lettuce, arugula, turnips, broccoli
- Local Folks Food: frozen mushroom patties, barbecue sauces
- American Persimmon Company: persimmon pulp, pudding, bread
- Smoking Goose Meatery: goat cheese, bacon, smoked and cured meats
- Scholars Inn Bakehouse: breads, cookies, muffins
- Ludwig Farmstead Creamery: cheeses
- Fields Farm Fresh: butternut squash, acorn squash, lettuce, Swiss chard, persimmon pulp, cabbage, beets, turnips, tomatoes, sweet onions
- Royer Meats: pre-ordered turkeys, sausage, assorted meats
- Whipker Farm: acorn squash, butternut squash, spaghetti squash, tomatoes, pie pumpkins, sweet potatoes, turnips
- Wild’s Apple Farm: apples, radishes, potatoes, white beets, cabbage, lettuce, tatsoi, frozen cider
- FarmIndy: savoy cabbage, red cabbage, watermelon radishes, black radishes, kale, salad turnips, broccoli, butternut squash, acorn squash
- Harvestland Farm: kohlrabi, carrots, breakfast radishes, celery, cabbage, sorrel, spinach, arugula, potatoes, broccoli, salad turnips, parsley, leaf lettuce, Brussels sprouts, beets, rutabagas, turnips, Swiss chard
Plus, A Taste of Philly, U-Relish Farm, Lena’s Mediterranean Kitchen, Simple Taste, Rosie’s Riblets, Hubbard & Craven Coffee & Tea, Three Dog Bakery, and Skillington Farms.