We have seen lots of fingerling potatoes, cherry tomatoes, garlic, and green beans at the Market in recent weeks. This delicious salad makes use of all of them!
Roasted Fingerling and Tomato Salad with Green Beans and Arugula
from Martha Stewart Living, June 2008
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 stems fresh thyme
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 ounces green beans
- 2 cups baby arugula
Ingredients for the Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Make the salad: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Puree garlic and oil in a blender until smooth. Toss with potatoes, tomatoes, and thyme on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until potatoes are golden and tender, about 30 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Prepare an ice-water bath. Cook green beans in a large pot of boiling salted water until bright green and just tender. Transfer to ice-water bath. When cool, drain beans in a colander.
- Make the dressing: Combine vinegar, mustard, thyme, and shallot in a small bowl. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until emulsified.
- Toss potato mixture, beans, and arugula with dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or at room temperature. Serves 4 to 6.
Note: To ensure maximum flavor, toss potatoes with dressing while they’re still warm.
Try these half-dozen green bean recipes using your purchases from the Market. We have lots of kale, corn, yellow tomatoes, mint and basil! The French filet beans from Earthly Delights or the purple Royalty beans from Sunny Creek Farm would make good substitutions if you are feeling adventurous! And Smoking Goose Meatery makes a wonderful pancetta while Nicole-Taylor has some great pastas!
Spicy Parmesan Green Beans and Kale – abundant kale at the Market!
Grean Beans with Creamy Tarragon Dipping Sauce – yummy!
Sauteed Corn, Spinach, and Green Beans – great for corn season!
Fried Green Bean Bundles – a hot trend right now!
Green Bean and Yellow Tomato Salad with Mint – so pretty!
Spaghetti with Pancetta, Green Beans and Basil – delicious!