As a mom myself, I am hoping someone will make a special breakfast for me this Sunday. My ideal breakfast would be served in bed with a bunch of fresh lavender in a vase, my favorite coffee and creamer, and the Sunday paper. Then arrange a cat or two on my feet to keep them warm and put some Andrea Boccelli on the CD player and I’ll be happy.
from Martha Stewart Living
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- plus 1 tablespoon for griddle
- Preheat griddle to 375 degrees, or heat griddle pan over medium-high heat. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl. Add egg, milk, and 2 tablespoons melted butter; whisk to combine.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees. Test griddle by sprinkling with a few drops of water. If water bounces and spatters, it is hot enough. With paper towel, brush 1/2 teaspoon butter onto griddle. Wipe off excess.
- Fill a pastry bag fitted with a 1/4-inch plain round tip with batter; twist end of bag, and secure with rubber band. Working in batches, pipe heart shapes, drawing V of batter in center of hearts to fill, on heated griddle. When pancakes have bubbles on top and are slightly dry around the edges, about 2 minutes, flip over. Cook until golden on the bottom, about 1 minute.
- Repeat with remaining batter, using 1/2 teaspoon butter on griddle for each batch, keeping finished pancakes on a heat-proof plate in the oven until ready to serve.
- Top with fresh fruit (from the Market). Makes twelve 4-inch pancakes.
Here are some more great breakfast ideas to treat the special mom in your life. I would be thrilled to find any of these on my breakfast tray!